Thursday 22 March 2012

Calvin Klein's Creative Design Director: TM Enlivens Intuition

In a recent interview in BoF (Business of Fashion) magazine.  Mr Zucchelli was asked: How do you keep your intuitions fresh?  He said, 'TM.  Intuition is something everybody has and meditation is a great way to develop it.  I was given a mantra 20 years ago.  I sit down and close my eyes....for 20 minutes.  It's a tool.  I would do it even if I cultivated tomatoes because I love it!'
Three years after Italo Zucchelli joined Calvin Klein in 2000, Klein himself stepped down and handpicked Zucchelli as his successor as the company's creative design director of menswear. Since then Zucchelli has seen nothing but success under the brand, twice being nominated as the CFDA Menswear Designer of the Year and winning in 2009. It is said that Mr. Zucchelli maintains the simplicity and integrity of the roots of the Calvin Klein brand while bringing a uniquely European touch of
style in a sophisticated and effortless manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment